Click on the blue title to read a news item on past events
Quiz Night – 26th January
At Meddon Village Hall
Organised by Roger Heasman
Skittles & Bring and Share Supper – Saturday February 24th at 7pm Launcells Parish Hall
A social get-together before the start of the sailing season
Organised by Mandy and Brian Pollard
A Life at Sea with Paul Anderson
Saturday March 17th
Grenville Rooms Kilkhampton 6.45pm for 7pm
Organised by Nicky Buckett
The Royal Opera House: Bernstein Centenary,
New Carlton Merlin Cinema, Okehampton – Tuesday 27th March
Organised by Jane Chadney
Croyde Walk – 21st April
Meet 11am at NT Baggy Point Car Park. (or 28th if the weather isn’t suitable on the 21st)
Organised by Jane Chadney
Saturday May 5th at the Old Tennis courts, Crooklets Road, Bude.
10.30am – 12.30pm
Organised by Penny Abbott
Click on the link to a Facebook page below to see more details – and also to click on the appropriate button to say whether or not you hope to be attending.
The Royal Yachting Association’s Push the Boat Out Day is being staged at the Lake on Saturday 12 May this year and I shall need to recruit various Long John Silvers and Captains Pugwash for the day.
Please let Mandy know if you are available to help – all names gratefully received.
Saturday 9th June (1.30 to 4.45)
We need 6 or more participants to make this event financially viable and I would be grateful if you could let me know as soon as possible if you are able to come along so that I may confirm the booking.
The cost will be £23 per head.
Detailed arrangements for the afternoon will follow as soon as I know that there is sufficient interest and the event is able to take place.
Click on link above to read John Dabbs report of the event
- Thursday 12 July: some people may want to bring their boat to Roadford during gthe afternoon/evening and possibly camp there overnight.
- Friday 13 July: launch available boats for morning & afternoon sailing. Picnic lunch at the launch site or at RoadfordLake cafe. Evening bbq/meal at local pub.
- Saturday 14 July: As Friday morning & afternoon sail. Fun races if someone would like to organise them? Evening bbq/meal at local pub.
- Sunday 15 July: break camp for those still there, return home – usual racing at Upper Tamar lake for the racers amongst us.
- Attendance dates
- Whether you intend to camp and if so, which nights. Tent or campervan (I’ve provisionally booked 4 non-serviced grass pitches)
- Bring your own boat from Tamar Lake?
- No boat, but would like to crew?
- Prepared to tow a Club boat from Tamar lake?
- Use your own boat, based at Roadford Lake?
- Which nights (if any) you would prefer for the Roadford Lake bbq and pub evening
Bude Boats and Barbecue – Friday August 10th
Meet up at the Rowing Boathouse at 18:00 for rowing up the canal and BBQ about 19:30 at the Boathouse.
Bring and share food.
Car Park free from 18:00
Boat hire £3.00 per head children free.
Contact Bob Sampson Click here to email Bob
Murder Mystery in Bude
Saturday 8th September
More details to follow but I am thinking
AM Murder Mystery Treasure Trail
Picnic lunch above Crooklets Beach
PM Body Boarding / Walk depending on tide, waves, weather etc.
Tea on my terrace
Click here to email Penny if you are interested in coming
Dartmoor Walk with Toby
Details to follow
AGM, Bring and Share Supper followed by Skittles
Saturday 17th November 7pm
At the Grenville Rooms, Kilkhampton
Organised by Rachael Pomeroy
With Cilla and Dave Gilbert
A Bird Watching trip to Bowling Marsh Green at Topsham
Sat 17th November
Meeting at Darts Farm for coffee and walking to Bowling Marsh about 20min walk spending a couple of hours there and then walking back to Darts Farm for lunch.
The high tide on the estuary is 1.17pm so I was thinking 11.30am at Darts Farm.
Clyst St George
Christmas Meal and Trophy Presentation – Saturday 1st December at Holsworthy Golf Club 6.45pm for 7.15pm.
Music to follow
Organised by Annie Quartermain
BBQs We are again intending to look at the forecast on Thursday/Friday night and if the weather looks likely to be good, emailing round to have a BBQ that weekend. It should give everyone time to get BBQ food on Saturday. We may also trial a fish and chip meal after sailing or pizza – doing a run to collect an order from Kilkhampton. Again we would send an email round on the Friday evening to see who is interested.
Surfing If the surf is up we may meet up at Crooklets Beach with our boards.
Any more ideas very welcome!
If you have a suggestion and would like to help organise a walk/ outing/ meal please feel free to contact Mandy Pollard ( email@example.com )